Skyline has put together some handy tips to keep you on track while working at home :
- Set up a designated working areaCreate a space that is designated for getting your work done. It is important to establish this area and commit to the location so you can focus on the tasks at hand. If you need to do important video conferencing, avoid unprofessional situations with pop up media wall! You can hide your kitchen or messy room and show your clients and prospects that you still mean business with a professional backdrop.
- Have a routine– Wake up with enough time to get ready for the day, and yes that means getting out of your pyjamas!
– Start and finish your day at the same time every day
– Plan what you’re going to do for the day including times you’ll have breaks
– Don’t get distracted with household chores during your workday.
- Set boundaries between “Work Time” and “Down Time”Set real work hours and commit to staying focused during these times. At the end of our working hours enforce a hard limit at the end of the day. It’s important to distance yourself at the end of the day so you don’t work non-stop.
- Establish clear rules & Expectations
Outline clear rules and expectations with your manager about working at home. This should include how many hours are expected to be worked, how many breaks away from the computer and daily tasks and expectations.
- Have breaks
It is important to ensure you are having breaks! Make sure to keep moving around and stretching. Go get some fresh air by having a coffee break outside, going for a quick walk or stretching.
- Keep connected with colleagues!
Keep connected with your colleagues by using a range of communication tools that are available (Not just email! )You can stay in touch by using a combination of the below:
- Google Hangouts
Remember, we’re all in this together and it’s important to reach out!