Article written by Mike Timmesch from Skyline Exhibits Inc.
Trade shows are not your whole job, just a part of it. You only do, at most, a few small shows a year, and you’ve got lots of other responsibilities to handle.
But you still would like to boost your results – but only if the changes are simple and quick. So in that vein, here are 5 tips to help you — quickly — get more out of trade shows:
1. A large, clear message is easier to grasp, so make your next set of booth graphics colorful and easy to understand, with a benefit statement that will then get your prospects into your trade show booth.
2. Create a demo with motion in your trade show exhibit to get more of the right people engaged and interested. That will also get people to remember you.
3. Collecting business cards is not enough. Print paper lead cards to write more notes for the sales force to do better follow up, or get electronic lead machines from the show to get their attendee data with every badge scan.
4. Your booth staff make a huge difference. Bring staff who want to be there, give them support, training, and treats. Count how many qualified leads each one takes in your trade show displays to help decide who attends the next show.
5. Do everything you can before the show to set up appointments with qualified buyers and existing clients in your booth at the show.
Okay, I could write another 10 bullet points, but as the occasional exhibitor you won’t have time to do more than these first 5! But you’ve got to do these 5! Once you enjoy the greater success you’ll have at your shows, then come back to our blog and share you stories.